Fall is here and it’s time for pumpkin spice everything! This easy pumpkin bread is so much more than just your basic run of the mill pumpkin loaf.
Many pumpkin bread recipes are either filled with cream cheese or include chocolate chips.
Since both cream cheese and chocolate chips go so well with the irresistible flavor of pumpkin, I thought I’d get crazy this year and combine both into one ultimate pumpkin treat!
This amazingly soft pumpkin loaf is layered with cream cheese, plus to step up the yumminess factor even more, it’s loaded with tons of chocolate chips.
Friends and family who have tried this bread have agreed, this is the best pumpkin bread recipe ever!
Pumpkin Bread With Chocolate Chips & Cream Cheese Swirl
This cream cheese layered pumpkin loaf with yummy chocolate chips will become everyone’s new favorite fall dessert or snack.
With every cream cheese and pumpkin-filled bite, you’ll definitely get a pumpkin cheesecake vibe, so good!
Cream Cheese Filled Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt (see note below)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cream cheese bar (8 oz.)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease 5×8 bread loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix 2 eggs, pumpkin puree, sugar, oil, vanilla yogurt, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Slowly mix in pumpkin pie spice, 2 cups flour, baking soda and chocolate chips into your pumpkin mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese, 1 egg, and 2 tbsp of flour.
- Scoop ½ of your pumpkin mixture into your prepared 5×8 bread loaf pan and smooth out evenly.
- Gently scoop the cream cheese mixture and spread it on top of your pumpkin mixture. Make your cream cheese layer as even as possible.
- Scoop remaining pumpkin batter on top of your cream cheese layer and smooth out evenly.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick or fork inserted in the center comes out clean. If you insert the toothpick and it has batter on it, let it bake longer checking it every five minutes to see if the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let your pumpkin bread cool for about 20 minutes in the pan before you transfer it to a cooling rack or slice it.
- Slice into even pieces and serve. Depending on how big your slices are, you can get about 8-10 slices from this pumpkin loaf.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread With Cream Cheese Filling Tips
Below you’ll find some helpful little tidbits for serving and making your pumpkin bread. If you have any questions at all, be sure to comment below.
How do you know when the pumpkin bread is done?
Stick a fork or toothpick into the center of your pumpkin bread. When it’s done, there shouldn’t be anything sticking to it.
If anything is stuck to the fork or toothpick, cook longer in five-minute increments. Every five minutes insert a toothpick in the center until it comes out clean.
Keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn’t get overcooked because it will be on the drier side and the goal is to have nice and moist pumpkin bread.
As you can see you get a nice golden brown top and lighter pumpkin color on the inside of the bread.
How long should your pumpkin loaf cool?
Let your pumpkin bread cool for about 20 minutes in the pan.
From there you can transfer it to a wire rack if you want (or leaving it in the pan is fine too).
You can either serve the slices warm or cool the bread even longer, whichever you prefer.
By the way, a warm slice of this pumpkin chocolate chip bread is so good, yum!
What do you eat pumpkin bread with?
Honestly, this cream cheese pumpkin bread with chocolate chips is amazing on its own.
If you’re looking to make a special fall breakfast for you and others that’s on the sweeter side, this bread is quite tasty with a cup of coffee in the morning.
Because why not start your day off with a little pumpkin right?
It’s also great with your afternoon chai tea or other hot beverage.
The combination of sipping something warm, plus enjoying ta slice of this pumpkin bread with cream cheese filling on a crisp autumn day will really get you in the fall mood.
Pin this pumpkin cream cheese bread to Pinterest.
Snap a pic of your pumpkin loaf and upload it to this pin here. I’d love to see how your pumpkin bread turned out! Happy fall friends!
PS More pumpkin desserts to come…