If you are sick of the same old eggs and bacon for breakfast, these keto stuffed peppers are where it’s at! Now you’re probably thinking where the keto breakfast comes into play with these low carb stuffed peppers.
These are stuffed with all your favorite breakfast ingredients, can we say eggs, bacon, and cheese, yum! Oh, and there’s a clever way to prep these for an added twist.
You will surely be adding this recipe to your morning repertoire. I just can’t get enough of them and once you make them you won’t either!
Easy Quick Keto Breakfast
You’ll be able to whip up this simple stuffed pepper recipe in just about the same amount of time as it would take to make some bacon and eggs. So don’t worry about the time and this is definitely easy to make.
You may not be a five star chef and most of us aren’t, but you don’t have to be.
How to Make Stuffed Peppers
As I said before, I added my own little twist to prep these keto stuffed peppers to make them unique. What I like to do is cut the peppers horizontally to make a nice little bell pepper breakfast “boat”.
Cutting them this way allows you to pick them up by hand and eat them almost like a slice of pizza.
I’ve only used one bell pepper here which makes two servings. This is perfect for two people, but of course if you’re serving more you’ll need to use more bell peppers.
Also, the stuffing as listed is enough to fill one pepper (two halves) completely.
Keto Stuffed Peppers
- 1 Large Bell Pepper Any color you like
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Strips of Bacon
- 4 Small Mushrooms
- 1 cup Uncooked Spinach
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese Or your favorite cheese
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and warm a frying pan on your stovetop using medium heat.
- While the pan is warming you can chop your mushrooms and your bacon to your desired size. I don't chop them too fine because I like a little bit bigger chunks, but you can definitely cut them however you'd like!
- Place your bacon and mushrooms into the frying pan and cook on the stovetop until the bacon has started to crisp. The mushrooms will have shrunk considerably as well.
- While the bacon and mushrooms are cooking, use a bowl to whisk your eggs, but don't add them to the pan just yet. Remember we have to wait until the bacon has started to crisp.
- At this time, measure out your spinach and favorite cheese. I recommend cheddar, but hey, you do you!
- Once the bacon has started to crisp it is now time to add your eggs to the frying pan. I put the eggs and spinach in at the same time and let everything mix together, just like a scramble.
- While that is cooking cut the top off your bell pepper and then place the pepper on its side. Slice the pepper in half horizontally, starting from the opened top all the way to the bottom and place in a casserole dish or on a baking sheet.
- Now that your scramble is cooked to your liking, you're now ready to stuff the peppers. You should have enough to fill each half perfectly. Once stuffed sprinkle your cheese on top.
- Place your peppers in the oven and let them bake for approximately 10 minutes on 350 degrees. This will allow the cheese to melt perfectly and the peppers will soften, but will still remain just firm and crunchy enough that you can pick them up to eat.
I really hope you enjoy these healthy keto stuffed bell peppers for your ketogenic diet. Comment below and let me know how they turned out or any yummy variations you made!
You may also like these AWESOME keto recipes:
- 40 Easy Casseroles For Dinner
- 100 Ketogenic Diet Snack Ideas For Energy
- Decadent Crack Chicken (Low-Carb & Keto)
About the Author
Annie Brown is a frugal living expert and the founder of Savvy Honey.
Her expert advice has also been featured in Yahoo Finance, BuzzFeed, GOBankingRates, Woman's Day, MSN, The Spruce Crafts, and more.