No need to skip lunch just because you’re short on time. These quick keto lunch ideas are ready in five minutes or less!
Yes, that’s five minutes total, including prep!!
So if you’re running around like a crazy person before work and forgot to pack your lunch the night before, you can easily throw together some of these easy keto lunch ideas!
If you have more time for your lunch prep, these keto lunch recipes are amazing (but take a little longer to make)
Now, these aren’t keto lunch recipes in the sense that most of these ideas don’t have super detailed directions and ingredient quantities.
These are just some yummy keto lunches that you can throw together on the fly (no measuring ingredients required).
On a side note, if you feel like you have no time or patience to cook all your keto meals…
This Stupidly Easy Keto Digital Cookbook Bundle will eliminate all your overwhelm.
These fool-proof recipes only take 5-30 minutes and practically cook and serve themselves.
It includes 100+ easy fat burning keto meals, so of course, I haven’t tried everything yet.
But, so far I’ve made the pulled pork, buffalo chicken stuffed peppers, chocolate “overnight” oats, and raspberry white chocolate fat bombs.
All the keto recipes I tried so far have been amazingly easy and I’ll let you know when I try more.
This digital keto cookbook bundle is heavily discounted and contains 100+ Easy Fat Burning Meals. You’ll get:
- 5 Ingredient Keto eCookbook
- Keto Slow Cooker eCookbook
- 30 Keto Meals In Under 30 Minutes eCookbook
- Keto Instant Pot eCookbook
If you want to start simplifying your life and crush your weight loss goals, check out this crazy discounted Easy Keto Digital Cookbook Bundle here!
Enough chit-chat, let’s get to these super awesome keto lunch ideas that you can make in a pinch!
Quick & Easy Keto Lunch Ideas
Whether you are having a hectic day and need something quick or just feeling a little lazy, these speedy keto lunch ideas will take all the stress out of lunchtime!
Many of these are no cook keto lunch options, although some of them require the microwave.
1. Keto Cucumber & Turkey Sandwiches
So this is one of my favorite easy keto lunch ideas I make. In fact I ate these for weeks straight before I got bored and needed to switch up my lunches.
If you want more detailed directions, you can check out my keto cucumber sandwich recipe post here. If not, I’m going to give you a quick rundown so you can make these.
- Cucumber Slices
- Cream Cheese
- Turkey Lunch Meat
Spread cream cheese on a cucumber slice. Add turkey lunch meat on top of the cream cheese and place another cucumber slice on top to make your sandwich.
Typically I will have five or six of these little sandwiches for lunch. How filling they are depends on how much cream cheese and turkey you put in them.
2. Quick Low Carb Fajita Steak Salad
- Packaged fajita seasoned steak (already cooked)
- Precut bell pepper (or prep ahead of time)
- Premade guacamole pack
- Sour cream
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Jalapeños (optional)
- Combine all your ingredients together. If you don’t want to buy pre-cooked packaged fajita steak, you can always prep your own ahead of time.
- Also, for guacamole, I usually get the Wholly Guacamole mini packs. Other brands make small individual-sized guacamole packs as well. They’re the perfect size for a salad.
3. Mini Charcuterie Lunch
(Your new favorite fast keto diet lunch idea!)
If you love charcuterie boards (they’re platters with all types of cold cut fixings, cheese, olives, nuts & more spread on them), then you’ll love this fun lunch idea.
Typically when you think of a charcuterie board you think of something big you might put out for a party.
However, this is going to be a little mini version you can make just for yourself.
You can also make a bigger charcuterie spread and divide it up into multiple lunches as well.
Here are some ideas of things you can put in your mini charcuterie board lunches:
- Salami, pepperoni, prosciutto, or other cold cuts of your choice (just make sure they have no added sugar)
- Pre-sliced and pre-cubed cheese
- Keto-friendly nuts (be sure not to overdo these as the carbs can add up fast)
- Low carb pickled veggies
How To Serve
Now if you’re eating this at home you could spread everything out on a wood serving board or plate.
But, if you’re taking this to go, pack them in a food prep container (preferably one that has different compartments).
For A Little “Carby” Crunch
Many times charcuterie boards are served with bread, but to get that crunch, add some prepackaged parmesan cheese chips or your favorite keto-friendly crackers.
Most importantly, get creative putting this together. These are so fun to make and I know you’ll really enjoy making your own!
4. Keto Tuna Stuffed Avocado
- Can of Tuna
- Cut your avocado in half, remove pit and scoop out all the avocado into a bowl.
- Mash the avocado and mix with a can of drained tuna and mayo
- Stuff the avocado skin with the mixture you just mixed up.
5. Easy Keto Meatballs
- Frozen Meatballs
- No Sugar Added Tomato Sauce
- Pre shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Follow directions on the package for microwaving meatballs.
- When you have about 40 seconds left, open the microwave and add a couple of spoonfuls of tomato sauce and parmesan cheese to the meatballs.
- Microwave until cheese is all yummy and melty.
Quick Note: Be sure to check the net carbs on the frozen meatballs. It can vary a bit and some are higher in carbs then others.
6. Pork Rind Microwave Nachos
- Pork Rinds
- Nacho Cheese or Shredded Cheese
Toppings (Pick some your favorites)
- Sour cream
- Premade guacamole
- Precooked chicken or meat of your choice
- Spread a couple of handfuls of pork rinds onto a plate
- Add your desired amount of nacho cheese or shredded cheese
- Microwave for about a minute. Check to see if the shredded cheese is melted or if the nacho cheese is warm enough.
- Microwave another 15-30 seconds if needed.
- Take the plate out and top with your favorite nacho toppings.
Make sure you don’t microwave them too long (especially with the nacho cheese) because the pork rinds will become soggy.
7. Deconstructed Caprese Salad
Caprese is one of my favorite salads and is pretty quick to make, although cutting tomatoes and mozzarella cheese can take a little more time.
That’s why I came up with this quick deconstructed Caprese salad you can make even faster than the traditional recipe.
Best of all there’s no chopping required!
- Cherry tomatoes
- Small mozzarella pearls (or mozzarella balls)
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Place the washed cherry tomatoes and mozzarella balls in a bowl. I like to do a 1 to 1 ratio of cherry tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The amount depends on how big your salad is. My one tip is to pour the balsamic slowly because if you pour too much, it can be a little too tangy.
- Since you might not have time to chop anything (feel free if you do though), shred some basil leaves with your hands and sprinkle onto the salad.
- Mix everything together
When eating I like to put a little cherry tomato and mozzarella on my fork. You may need to cut the cherry tomatoes with your fork as you’re eating them, it’s all about your preference.
8. Quick Keto Cheeseburger
- Precooked microwavable burger patties
- Cheese of your choice
- Romaine lettuce
- Ketchup (no sugar added)
- Follow microwave directions on the package and towards the last 30-60 seconds add cheese.
- Wrap in lettuce and add your favorite condiments.
By the way, I’ve never actually tried frozen precooked burgers so I can’t speak to their quality or taste.
Let me know in the comments below how you liked them or favorite brands you’ve tried.
9. Premade Buffalo Wings & Ranch or Blue Cheese
Most deli sections at the grocery store will have premade Buffalo wings. If you buy a big enough pack you could get a couple of lunches out of it.
Serve them with ranch or blue cheese dressing and a side of celery. Yum!
10. Chicken, Feta, Pumpkin Seed & Spinach Salad
- Precooked chicken (already packaged or you can make your own ahead of time)
- Feta cheese
- Pumpkin seeds (1-2 tablespoons)
- Dressing (make sure it’s sugar-free)
Toss all of your ingredients together.
You may notice I actually gave a measurement for the pumpkin seeds. This is because they do contain carbs and they can get easy to overdo.
Put more if you like but two tablespoons should be more than enough for your salad and has only two net carbs.
11. Hot Dogs In a Lettuce “Bun”
Microwave a couple of hot dogs and serve them in a piece of romaine lettuce instead of a carb-filled bun.
Top hot dogs with your favorite keto-friendly hot dog toppings.
Keto-Friendly Hot Dog Toppings
- No sugar added ketchup
- Mustard (avoid honey mustard)
- Relish (avoid sweet relish)
Lunch doesn’t get easier than this!
12. Tuna & Celery: Best No Cook Keto Lunch Idea!
Mix a can of drained tuna and mayo together in a bowl. Serve on celery slices or you can just chop up the celery and eat everything out of the bowl.
13. Ketogenic Ham, Cheddar & Pickle Roll-Up
Wrap ham and cheddar cheese around a pickle. You may want to eat more than one or have it with something on the side to make it more filling.
If you don’t like ham or cheddar, you can of course make substitutions.
14. Keto Pepperoni String Cheese Roll-Ups
Yummy on the go keto lunch idea!
Originally I made this recipe as a snack. But, if you have two servings, plus a little side like nuts or berries, it makes an awesome on the go keto lunch.
If you want some more detailed directions, you can check out the pepperoni roll-ups here, if not here’s the condensed version below.
The recipe makes one roll-up. Remember, you might want to have a couple to make it a more filling lunch.
- 2 pepperoni slices (large)
- 1 String Cheese
- Overlap two large slices of pepperoni and set them on your plate. Lay the string cheese on top of your pepperoni slices.
- Adjust the overlapping pepperoni so the outer edges of the pepperoni end at the edges of the string cheese.
- Roll the pepperoni slices around the string cheese. Place on a plate seam side down or secure with a toothpick to keep them together.
15. Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites
- Smoked Salmon
- Cream Cheese
- Cucumber Slices
- Spread cream cheese on cucumber slices.
- Top off with some tasty smoked salmon.
Now some people love having keto shakes and bars for lunch because they’re quick and easy.
While I’m not one of those people, in a pinch it’s good to know it’s an option.
You may want to pair your keto shake or bar with a side of nuts, fresh berries, string cheese, etc. This will make your lunch a little more filling.
Like so many keto dieters, Perfect Keto is my go-to for shakes and bars.
They also make an awesome breakfast or a quick snack!
Try them out for yourself by shopping through my special link here to get 20% off your entire Perfect Keto* order!!
* Coupon is good for one-time use on your entire order of single full-priced items & discount will show at checkout.
17. Keto Friendly Italian Sub Salad
So this is a quick and condensed Italian sub salad. Some recipes have even more ingredients, but this one is simple to save time.
By the way, you can omit ingredients if you want or add other ones not on the list (like other cold cuts, chopped onions, etc.)
- Pepperchinis (banana peppers pre-sliced rings in a jar)
- Romaine or lettuce of your choice
- Cherry Tomatoes (or cut regular tomatoes if you have time)
- Italian Vinaigrette dressing or Italian dressing
- Cheese (See below about cheese choices)
- Italian Seasoning (optional)
- Combine all ingredients together and use quantities of your liking.
- Add dressing of your choice and mix together.
For the pepperoni, salami, or any other cold cuts you want to add, just tear them into pieces with your hands.
This little meal prep hack may not be pretty but it saves me in a pinch when I don’t have time to chop anything.
For the cheese, you have some different options that would be great in this salad. Pick your favorite.
- Shredded Provolone
- Shredded Italian Cheese
- Mozerella pearls (mozzarella balls)
- Shredded Mozerella
To save time buy pre-shredded cheese, but again if you have the time to prep your cheese ahead of time, that works too.
18. Keto Mexican Lunch Scramble
This scramble uses simple ingredients that cook fast in order to be ready in five minutes or less.
You can of course add more tasty ingredients like bacon, mushrooms, bell peppers, etc.
But, those types of ingredients are not included on purpose because they take longer to cook. If you have a little more time though, by all means, load the scramble up!
- 2-3 eggs
- 2-3 tbsp of water
- Pre-shredded pepper jack cheese
- Sour cream
- Prepackaged Guacamole
- Jalapeños (optional)
- Whisk together your eggs with a couple of splashes of water. Typically I add 1 tbsp of water per egg in my scramble. The water makes the eggs nice and fluffy. If you like more dense eggs, don’t add the water.
- Add shredded cheese to your egg mixture.
- Cook your scrambled eggs until fully done on medium heat. This typically shouldn’t take longer than five minutes.
- Transfer you scrambled cheese eggs to a plate.
- Add your desired toppings like guacamole, salsa, sour cream, jalapenos, etc.
19. Keto Casserole Leftovers For Fast Keto Lunches
While casseroles of course take more than five minutes to make, you can make one for dinner and have leftovers for lunch the next day.
Another thing you can do is make a casserole just for your lunch prep. Then, just serve a piece and reheat for a quick and convenient lunch.
Here are seventy keto casserole recipes you can make for dinner then have as leftovers the next day!
- 30 Amazing Keto Casseroles To Take As Leftovers
- 40 Crazy Easy Ketogenic Casserole Recipes That Make Awesome Lunches
20. Turkey, Avocado, Sprouts & Cream Cheese Sandwiches (Low Carb Style)
Before starting the keto diet, this was one of my favorite sandwich combos of all time.
When I first made this sandwich low carb style (wrapped in lettuce), I was pleasantly surprised that it was still really yummy.
- Turkey Deli Meat
- Cream Cheese
- Romaine Lettuce
- Take a piece of washed romaine lettuce and place a couple of pieces of turkey on top.
- Spread your cream cheese onto the turkey. (For some reason I found this easier than spreading the cream cheese onto the lettuce.)
- Add slices of avocado and top with sprouts.
- Place another piece of romaine on top making a sandwich. Cut in half and enjoy!
21. Low Carb Quesadilla
Now quick disclaimer, this quesadilla lunch idea uses store-bought low-carb tortillas.
This seems to be a little bit of a grey area because some people on a keto diet eat store-bought low-carb tortillas, while others avoid them because they contain traditional flour.
For those of you doing more lazy or dirty keto (like me), you probably don’t mind that the tortillas contain flour, as long as it fits into your net carbs for the day.
Typically I just use one Mission Carb Balance tortilla that has six net carbs and I have no problem staying within my net carbs for the day. There are other brands out there too, some even lower in net carbs.
If you fall into the camp that avoids store-bought low carb tortillas, you can always make your own ahead of time to have them on hand for lunch.
Here is a wonderful 15 minute recipe for homemade keto tortillas.
Because of everything I mentioned, I contemplated even mentioning this quick keto lunch idea.
But in the end, I opted to because many people on the keto diet do eat low carb store-bought tortillas.
So, these aren’t technically keto in the true sense of the word because of the flour, but if you can work them it into your net carbs and make it work, more power to you.
It all comes down to doing what works best for you and your personal preferences.
If you are totally against them, that’s fine too. I know I try to limit them because they are more processed, but I do enjoy them every once in a while when I need something fast.
Sorry for the rambling, just needed to mention this because I know I might get some low carb tortilla hater comments lol. 😹 😹 😹
- Pre-shredded Cheese
- Low-Carb Tortilla
- Precut & cooked chicken or meat of choice (optional)
Toppings (Pick your favorites)
- Pre-made guacamole
- Sour cream
- Toss some cheese into a low carb tortilla. You can add store-bought pre-cooked chicken or other meat if you want.
- Microwave until cheese is melted.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
If you have more than five minutes but still want a fast lunch…
Cook the quesedilla in a little bit of butter on the stove.
I also like to sprinkle a little bit of cheese on the outside of the tortilla because it gets all crispy. Because who doesn’t like crispy cheese??
Hope you enjoyed these