THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
The holidays can be such an expensive time of year, especially if you have a long list of people to buy for. Luckily, I found you guys some cheap Christmas gift ideas from the Dollar Store for $10 and under!! Don’t worry though, these fabulous holiday gifts look anything but cheap, no one will know you got them at the Dollar Store!
Making this post made me think of easy ways I save money on holiday gifts (besides making my own gifts).
There is one really sneaky way I basically get FREE CHRISTMAS gifts for friends and family that I wanted to share with you guys!
You can easily get CASH (from Paypal) and GIFT CARDS from some of your favorite places: Amazon, Target, Walmart, Bath & Body Works (just to name a few)!!
All you do is complete surveys and watch videos through Swagbucks and you get cash & gift cards! This helps me out tremendously during the holidays, even if it is just a $25 gift card here and there!
I just wanted to tell you this to help you out as well, every little bit adds up.
Right now if you sign up here you can snag a $5 bonus!!
Between Swagbucks and the Dollar Store gift ideas below, you guys are going save so much money this holiday season! Do you have any tips or tricks for saving money during the holidays? Comment below!
1. Santa Belt Jar: Wrap an old belt around a mason jar filled with treats and you have the most adorable gift! She has a super easy way to attach the belt…take a look! (Via Little House of Four)
2. Monogramed Candles: Adding a monogrammed label to a Dollar Store candle makes for a very personal gift. These fabulous downloadable labels are FREE and are available in other styles! (Via My Frugal Home)
3. 5 Minute Gift: Use an oven mitt as a “bag” to hold awesome goodies. Great for a last minute gift for a hostess, teacher, or co-workers. Be sure to check out her tips for wrapping these and find out what Dollar Store finds she stuffed inside! (Via This Is Our Bliss)
4. Gold Planters: Spray paint Dollar Store glasses and add succulents (around $3-$4) to create these cute planters.
Remember you can spray paint these any color you like! Don’t forget to check out her directions for an easy way to paint these! (Via We Lived Happily Ever After)
5. Polka Dot Mugs: Grab a Sharpie and go to town creating polka dots on your mug. These are great to give as is, but you could also fill with cocoa packets.
She also has some other cute Dollar Store DIY gift ideas in this post! (Via Place Of My Taste)
6. DIY Hurricane Lantern: This lantern looks super expensive but it is just Dollar Store frames glued together.
Seriously, I’ve seen hurricanes like this at Pottery Barn, anyone would love to receive this gift! She lists very clear step by step directions for making this! (Via Grosgrain Fab)
You may also like:
7. Kitchen Essentials Gift Basket: Who doesn’t need kitchen utensils? Add a mug, kitchen timer, and handmade goodies to a cheap Dollar Tree basket.
You can download the sweet framed print for FREE! (Via Texas Crafty Gift)
8. Dish Towel & Utensil Gift: Another fun way to gift utensils is wrapped inside kitchen towels and potholders. Take a look at her clever folding technique that is super easy to do! (Via Hip 2 Save)
9. Embellished Candles: Add some burlap and natural elements to dress up Dollar Store candles. Check out her post to see what she tied onto these candles. (Via Umelecky)
Looking for some cool Halloween ideas? Check these out:
- DIY Halloween Wreath
- Pretty DIY Halloween Decor Ideas With Farmhouse Style
- Sparkly Glitter Pumpkins DIY
- Easy No-carve Pumpkin Decorating Ideas For Halloween
10. Pedicure Gift Basket: Everyone needs a little pampering sometimes and this gift is perfect! For more details and other Dollar Store gift basket ideas, be sure to check out Maria’s Self.
Bonus Mug Idea: Another Sharpie decorated mug idea that is oh so merry and fun. Love this scalloped design with sequins at the bottom and don’t forget to fill your masterpiece with Dollar Tree candies and check out her easy directions! (Via Classy Clutter)
Be sure to follow my Holiday Ideas Board on Pinterest for even more holiday goodness!
Bonus Holiday Money Saving Tips
Always, always, always make a list! I can’t tell you how many times I didn’t make a list and would end up missing someone, but buying someone else like three things! This will just cost you money, especially if you forget to return items.
Throw out the idea of a Christmas exchange for your extended family. So as families get bigger, buying everyone a gift can get really expensive. A gift exchange is a cheaper alternative and still fun because you get to buy (or make a present) for someone.
Do something for someone else as your gift. Offer to babysit someone’s kids or offer to come over and cook someone a meal. I can think of tons of couples who would rather get a night off from the kids to enjoy a movie than a gift they may or may not use.