This DIY peppermint sugar scrub is the perfect homemade gift for Christmas.
Whether you’re looking for an easy and inexpensive gift you can make for a ton of people or just one person on your list, this peppermint sugar scrub is awesome.
Not only that, but you can stash a couple of jars away for yourself to use as well.
If I had to sum up this scrub I would say it’s like peppermint bliss in a jar! It starts with a coconut oil and sugar base and then from there you add peppermint essential oil to your liking.
For a festive and cute touch, it has crushed peppermint candy mixed in there too.
Plus, this scrub is really fun to make and if you have kids is an easy project you guys can do together.
DIY Peppermint Sugar Scrub
This festive peppermint sugar scrub smells divine and makes the best Christmas gift!
Everyone needs a little pampering sometimes, that’s why I’m sure whoever receives this homemade peppermint sugar scrub will absolutely love it!
Christmas Peppermint Sugar Scrub Recipe Ingredients
This sugar scrub is made with simple ingredients that you can find just about anywhere.
It’s made with peppermint essential oil, sugar, coconut oil, and crushed peppermint candy for even more pepperminty goodness!
Now, the crushed peppermint candy is optional and adds some color and texture to the scrub.
But, if you or your recipient is sensitive to processed ingredients, you may want to just skip it altogether.
Homemade DIY Peppermint Scrub Supplies
- 1 Small mason jar or glass container
- 1 cup White sugar
- 4 tbsp Coconut oil
- 7-10 Drops of peppermint essential oil
- 3 tbsp Crushed peppermint candy or candy canes (optional)
How To Make Holiday Peppermint DIY Sugar Scrub
Prep Time: 15 minutes, Total Time: 15 minutes, Makes about 1 cup
Making this homemade peppermint sugar scrub couldn’t be easier!
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the coconut oil in the microwave in 5-second intervals until it’s a liquid consistency.
The colder the temperature in your house, the more solid the coconut oil will be, so it may not be necessary to microwave the oil at all.
2. Let the coconut oil cool down. The most important thing is the coconut oil has a thick liquid consistency. Make sure it’s not hot or it will dissolve the sugar.
3. Pour the melted coconut oil in a small glass bowl.
4. Add sugar and gently stir the coconut oil and sugar together. Don’t stir too much because you don’t want the sugar to dissolve.
5. Add 7-10 drops of peppermint essential oil. Do just a few drops at a time so you can gauge how pepperminty you want the scrub.
6. Add the crushed peppermint candy or candy canes and mix together completely.
Adding the peppermint candies is optional but it adds some festive color to the scrub.
7. Transfer your scrub into a small glass mason jar and seal.
Store in a cool place.
Peppermint Sugar Scrub Christmas Gift
As already mentioned in this post, this sugar scrub makes a fabulous gift. I just wanted to give you some ideas of who this gift is great for and some cute ways to gift these!
This yummy peppermint scrub is a perfect gift for your friends, family, co-workers, teachers, service workers, and anyone who loves peppermint.
You may be skipping gatherings this season, but for the future, this scrub makes an awesome party favor.
It’s an easy favor for Christmas parties, weddings, and baby showers, especially because you can make it in big batches.
Tips For Giving Peppermint Sugar Scrub For Christmas
- Give it alone or as part of a spa gift basket.
- Dress up the jar a bit. Wrap some Christmas ribbon around it and add a pretty tag or label.
- These make great stocking stuffers too!